Believe it or not but eCommerce sites have really made our lives simpler. Now, everything we need can be ordered and received easily at the convenience of your home. But there are many different eCommerce websites available on the internet, and the way they are built makes all the differences between them.
So, what makes a successful eCommerce platform? Well, there are some must-have features for every such platform. Being a trusted white label designing company for multiple big eCommerce brands, let us list the top five of them for your better understanding. Let’s take a look at them.
When it comes to a website, the design perhaps matters the most. And when we are talking about an eCommerce platform, the design is directly related to the site’s traffic. Every user visiting one such site is surely looking for a user-friendly design and satisfactory user experience.
Your eCommerce website would not do so well if the customer could not find their way around the site. Chances are high that they will leave the site very quickly due to the difficulty of navigation. After leaving, they might head to some other site that has a much simpler and user-friendly interface. Hence, one has to take some measures to create a satisfactory UX design. You can improve the customer experience by following these steps:
- One must first create a very simple, more or less straightforward and superb quality homepage. After all, customers first visit the landing page, so it matters the most.
- A search bar must be included at the top so that visitors can simply put it in words and locate the thing they are looking for.
- Then you must also clearly list the category pages in the navigation bar. This way, they can easily find their way to the desired product.
- Make sure the pages are well responsive. A website with unresponsive pages will not do much good for you.
User-Friendly and Trusted Payment Gateway Integrations
If you visit any good or reputed eCommerce website, you will find the option of integrating with diverse payment gateways. This way, the visitor is never limited to only a number of payment options. If you wish to improve the overall customer experience of your site, then it is a very crucial thing. Frankly, it can make or break the customer experience. There are many plugins that you can use to integrate several payment gateways with your online store.
- This way, you can diversify your audience and target a wide array of audiences.
- With multiple payment getaways, visitors will visit the site frequently, and you can reduce the bounce rates.
- You can also reduce the cart abandonment rate just by integrating some easy payment gateways.
A Proper Order Management
Since it’s an eCommerce website, you need to have proper order management. This way, you can also simplify the process of collecting all the information regarding buyer cancellation, refunds, COD order verification, exchange order status update, and much more.
- Proper order management can help the merchant as well.
- He can see all the information regarding his order fulfilment.
- He can also oversee the completion of the order value and the overall sales.
- Lastly and most importantly, with this system in place, you can easily ship faster, cheaper, and smarter without any kind of hassle.
The Security Aspect
When you have an eCommerce website, you need to ensure the absolute security of your visitors. One has to make sure that no sensitive data like credit or debit card information is saved. Apart from that, you have to ensure that
- All the prepaid shipments are always completed through a fully-secure payment gateway.
- Also, the system must hash the passwords and never store them in any kind of readable format.
- Every single webpage of the platform must have the protection of SSL.
- Lastly, all the servers must be secured and protected using state-of-the-art services.
Nowadays, people wish to access everything on the go, and thus, your eCommerce platform must be mobile compatible. To make your site mobile compatible, you need to take care of the following aspects:
- Make sure that the mobile view is responsive and properly accommodated
- The page must have a low loading time because that’s how mobile-optimized sites work.
- Once the whole site becomes very easy to browse on mobile, it can immediately increase the engagement
- You can target a wide array of visitors with this.
So, there you have it, the five must-have things for your eCommerce website. Feel free to let us know your thoughts in the comments.