If you have created your website on WordPress from any of the white label web development services, then security is surely something you need to check. But now, you can do all that very easily by using some helpful plugins. But which WordPress security plugins can you use?
Here are our choices:
- WP Cerber Security
- iThemes Security
Number One: Sucuri
This one is considered the best free WordPress security plugin by many experts. It works as a kind of all-in-one platform, and there are reasons why it is so popular. You can definitely use the free version, but if you wish to take things to the next level, then you should use the pro version. Here are its features;
- Your WordPress site can be cleaned for free if it attracts malware
- The setup is super simple
- The firewall system can block all kinds of malicious attacks
- You can do the scanning for malware
- This system can keep track of everything about your site and has some advanced DDos protection.
- It can effectively reduce server load time as well.
- The pro version will cost you $299/year.
Number Two: Wordfence
The next one we have is WordFence, and it also comes with a number of useful features to protect your website and keep it safe from hackers. Here also, you have a basic pack and a premium pack. For a smaller site, the free package can be easily used. However, with the pro version, you get the following features:
- It has real-time firewall protection
- There is a malware scanner as well.
- It can protect your site from Brute Force attacks by limiting login attempts.
- It has its own firewall that can run on your server.
- The smart email alert will notify you about any kind of breach
- The price for the premium package is $99/ year for one site.
Number Three: WP Cerber Security
This one also has a free and premium plugin facility. Much like Wordfence, this one too has a number of extensive features to keep your website safe from malicious attacks. The pro version comes with the following features:
- It prevents all kinds of unauthorized logins with its two-factor authentication
- The firewall can prevent the brute force login attempts
- You will get a malware scanner as well.
- The best thing is that you can protect the forms from spamming
- You can set up security emails to get notified of breaching
- Apart from the free pack, the premium pack will cost you $29/per quarter.
Number Four: Defender
The Defender is another good WordPress security plugin. It has a number of plans. Like the pro version will only cost you $6/month. With that, you can take the Security & Backup Packs, which will cost you $9/month. You can also go for the Agency plan, which costs $19/month.
It comes with the following features:
- This plugin is a very promising solution for your site. After simply installing the tool, you just need to make a few clicks, and it will start protecting your site.
- This plugin comes with a built-in firewall that can block IPs for free.
- Even the free versions come with malware scanners and brute-logic protections.
- It can also send your notification for threats.
- When you have the pro plan, it can do automated scans and even offer you some in-depth reporting of security problems.
- The pricing will be flexible depending on how many websites you have.
- It also has Audit Log that can track every user’s action.
- Last but not least, it allows you to reset all the passwords once you suspect some hack or data breach.
Number Five: iThemes Security Pro
Lastly, we have the iThemes security pro for your WordPress sites. This plugin can secure your site from various security-related problems like the Brute-Force security program and others.
The pro version can offer you the following features:
- The plugin has an integrated two-factor authentication which offers you an extra layer of security.
- It also has very powerful password enforcement.
- You will get notified for 404 detection and plugin scans.
- You can even schedule WordPress backups.
- A very good feature is that it can lock out any suspicious IP that scans for vulnerabilities. This way, the IP cannot get access to your site.
- It can limit the login attempts and can send you email alerts to notify you about any recent file updates on your site.
- The pro version of iThemes Security Pro will cost $80/per year.
So, there you have it, our top 5 picks for WordPress security plugins. Feel free to let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Being a Team of dedicated web developer, we at SCWebTech always develop WordPress websites that aren’t only aesthetically beautiful and user-friendly but also safe and secured from the company and users’ point of view.